April 2020

     This month has been one that I am sure years from now we will talk about with grandchildren about the adventures that we went on.   We started the month in Mombasa, Kenya as we awaited our work visas to go through.   As covid-19 began spreading we began to see borders closing.   We had been talking with several folks for a bit and felt that we should at least attempt to see if they would let us back into TZ.   We came to this conclusion because the borders were closing and because the Labor department was seeking us concerning paperwork.   We loaded up and headed to be border prepared to turn around if they said no.   The trip to our home in Tz should have only taken about 5.5 hours not including time at the border to cross.  Due to engine troubles, 12.5 hours later we had only made it half way.   We ended up having to stay in a town we did not know for 3 nights while we awaited having the head-gasket fixed and radiator and thermostat repaired.   Once finally on our way again, we reached the border.  At first the border agents told us that only residents could cross.   We had placed it in God’s hands, and after explaining that our work permits had been processing for five months, the border agents then began making phone calls.   The end result was that they let us through with a 14 day pass to report to the local immigration office in Moshi.   We confirmed with our leadership that they thought it was a good idea and then proceeded.  

     The following business day we went into the immigration office.   We spent part of every day that week in the immigration office.   We were interrogated and questioned and spent much time waiting on the wooden bench used for seating in the office.   The final verdict was that because the residence visas were not complete that we could either leave the country or pay for an expensive special pass for the next 3 months to stay in Tanzania.   We prayed and returned a couple days later ready to pay for the special passes.   When we entered the meeting, however, they had changed their mind and said that we must leave Tanzania and return only when the residence visas have been completed.   Because all borders to countries around Tanzania have closed and no one is being allowed back into any of the countries except nationals, we began looking for flights to the USA.   We booked a very expensive flight to leave that Fri.   Next thing we know, the flight is canceled and options are even more limited and expensive.   We are now looking to see what flights we can find and waiting to see what immigration has to say as we are now here without a current visa.   This is a fluid situation and changing every minute.   To receive more updated info on what occurs from this time forward over the next few weeks please make sure to receive our email newsletter as updates will be done there.  If you do not receive our email newsletter and wish to please send us an email at onthebigboat2@aol.com and we will add you to the list.

We shared what was going on via Facebook also, and partners sent in about $4,000.  The original tickets were $9,000, but current tickets now look like they will cost us $16,000.  Some people said they thought we had raised all the money because we had bought the tickets (we had put them on credit) or because we weren’t sharing as much (things have been changing so much; it’s hard to know what to share).  We know this is a stretching time for many people.  Thank you for letting us stand in the gap for your needs, and thank you for standing in the gap for our needs and giving as God directs.

Jonathan & April Noah

$
Select Payment Method
Personal Info

Credit Card Info
This is a secure SSL encrypted payment.

Billing Details

Donation Total: $1.00 One Time

About Jonathan & April Noah

Our vision is to Empower, Equip, Exhort, and Encourage the local people and ministries of Eastern Africa. So, as to become self-sustaining in order to further the kingdom of God, our heart is to see people be radically changed by the power of the gospel.