Adventures of a Pruett Tribe
It’s hard to believe we left America only two months ago. On one hand it feels like forever ago and somehow it also seems like just last week we arrived. Its been an adjustment on every level to say the least. Week one was smooth sailing as we were welcomed by our friends and family here in Davao. They made our entrance something to remember and we are so grateful!
Trent and Amy went above and beyond to make our transition easier, even to the point of grabbing some groceries ahead of time. Little did I know then that they were sparing us the initial culture shock of what it means to grocery shop on the other side of the world. I thought going to a few stores in America to get ‘everything on my list’ was hard… well let’s just say it’s at an entirely different level here. Thank you Amy for ALL your help!!!
- Safe Haven: We received our first child and are believing for more to be rescued ASAP!
- Language: We had our first Language class last week and it’s going great!
- Discipleship: We are on the cusp of releasing more information on our summer program!
Jeff has been able to be involved at the Basketball outreach on Mondays in the City. It’s been a great introduction to the culture as well as having the opportunity to step out and minister to the guys there. He also has been able to set aside a few hours a day dedicated to prayer and office time outside of our home to begin setting the discipleship program in motion. We are excited to be launching an introductory one month program THIS SUMMER! Details and applications will be released soon so stay tuned for more info!
In the midst of all the transition our family is going through, Ruxton and Jeff have been battling sickness and Nichole morning sickness. Thank you all of you that have reached out or been praying for us, we greatly appreciate it along with your understanding as it has been hard to send out our regular updates. We have finally overcome the battle and are looking forward to being able to connect y’all with the work here in Davao more regularly!
Grace and Peace to you and your families,
-Jeff, Nichole, Ruxton & Baby 😉
*Please Facebook message or email us with any prayer requests you may have! We pray for you often but would love to know how we can specifically partner with you before the Lord.
- Divine health for our family
- Peace as we transition
- Direction as the Discipleship program is developing
- The Lord to send us the children He wants at Safe Haven
- Grace and a natural ability to absorb learning the language
- A vehicle for our family
- To be able to start building a home on the land (we are currently in the guest housing but our family will be adding a member come September)
- Peace for everything involved in giving birth in a foreign country
Click Picture for Description
About Jeff and Nichole Pruett
Jeff and Nichole have been serving the last two years at a Leadership Training Academy in Kaufman, Texas. They are answering the call of the Lord and moving their family to the Philippines sometime in late 2018.